Here is the article regarding “How to create Subdomain in GoDaddy” with Hosting and without Hosting. Read the article further if you want to learn how to create Subdomain in GoDaddy without any issue.
Blogging is now a popular way of earning money via Google Adsense and other companies. For blogging, the essential elements are a domain and web hosting. So, at first, let’s discuss GoDaddy Domain and web hosting.
What is a Domain
In simple words, a Domain name represents the name of your Website. It represents your Website’s web address, which anyone can search in the search box.
For example, in “https://dailywalker.xyz”, “dailywalker.xyz” is the domain name, which represents your site’s web address.
Also, Domains are of several types, which include global domains, country-based domains, and many others. Some of the classifications are:
- Top-Level Domain (TLD)
- Country Code TLD
- Generic TLD
What is Web Hosting
Web Hosting hosts your Website or webpage on the Internet. The web hosting service allows you to post webpages or sites on the Internet. Many different companies offer cheap web hosting, but cheap is not always the best. So, you should carefully check every feature of the web hosting before purchasing it.
Also Read:- How to increase Web security of your Website
What is Subdomain in Godaddy
A subdomain is a part of your Domain which divides your site. The name of your Website’s Subdomain comes before the domain name of your Website.
For example, let gadgets be the subdomain name of my site “https://dailywalker.xyz”, which is the primary domain name of the Website (dailywalker.xyz). As already discussed, the subdomain name gets added to the domain name. So now, the URL address of the Subdomain is “gadgets.dailywalker.xyz”, in which “gadgets” is the subdomain name.
How to Create Subdomain in GoDaddy
There are mainly two ways to create subdomain in GoDaddy:
- With GoDaddy hosting (using cPanel)
- Without GoDaddy hosting
Create Subdomain using cPanel
As mentioned above, a Subdomain is a part of the main Domain and appears before the primary domain name. Now, if you have a GoDaddy hosting or Domain, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open GoDaddy’s official Website and log in.
- Now, click the drop-down arrow next to your Godaddy’s account name and click on My Products.
- There you will find your hosting plan, and next to the hosting plan, you will see Manage, click on that.
- Now, open the cPanel of your Hosting by clicking on the cPanel visit option.
- Now, after scrolling down, you will find Subdomains options under the Domains heading, click on Subdomains.
- After clicking on the Subdomains option, only enter the subdomain name which you want to create, and hence, you created your site’s Subdomain.
Using the steps, as shown above, you can now easily create Subdomain in GoDaddy using your Hosting’s cPanel.
Create Subdomain using DNS (without Hosting)
If you don’t have Hosting, then you can use DNS in Godaddy to create Subdomain. Follow the steps as mentioned below to do so.
- Go to GoDaddy’s Website and log in.
- Go to the DNS management page by clicking on My Products and then DNS.
- Now, after scrolling down, you will find an Add option next to Subdomains; click on Add.
- Fill all the required blanks like Subdomain name, and click on Save.
- And, hence you successfully created a Subdomain on your GoDaddy Site.
Using the steps mentioned earlier, you can easily create Subdomain in GoDaddy without any hosting using the DNS of your Domain.
In this article, I told you about Domain, Web Hosting, Subdomains, and “How to Create Subdomain in GoDaddy” with hosting and without Hosting. So, I hope that after reading this article, you can easily create Subdomain in Godaddy. For any questions regarding “How to Create Subdomain in GoDaddy”, there is a comment box. Go and post your issue there; we will look up to your queries.