“How to Disable Laptop Keyboard” is a prevalent query for those peoples who wants to use the external keyboard and disable the laptop keyboard. Read the full article to get various information regarding “How to Disable Laptop Keyboard.”
As we all know, the laptop keyboard works best. But, sometimes peoples prefer to use an external keyboard for their laptop, especially when some keys of the laptop keyboard don’t work correctly.
So here, I will inform you about “How to Disable Laptop Keyboard.”
Why peoples use an external keyboard?
Many peoples use an external keyboard, which leads them to disable the laptop keyboard. There are many reasons why people use an external keyboard. Some of the causes are:
- The external keyword helps the users to maintain the necessary distance from the screen, which protects their eyes from harmful rays.
- The external keyboard provides you flexibility as you can keep the screen of your PC or laptop as you want.
- The external keyboard produces less heat as compared to the laptop keyboard.
- Also, an external keyboard adds more options as you can also use an internal keyboard with an external keyboard.
How to Disable Laptop Keyboard
Here are some easy steps that you have to follow to disable the laptop keyboard. So, let’s begin with “How to Disable Keyboard on Laptop.”
Disabling laptop keyboard is not a very easy task, so do follow the steps:
- Right-click on My Computer icon and click on Manage. And for the Windows 10 user, open file explorer, right-click on This PC button, and click on Manage.
- Click on the Device Manager option.
- After that, a long section will appear on the right side of the Computer Management section.
- Now, click on the drop-down situated on the left side of the Keyboards option.
- After clicking on the drop-down, the keyboard name starting with Standard will be displayed under the Keyboards option.
- Now, right-click on the Standard PS/2 Keyboard and click on Update.
- After that, click on “Browse my PC for Driver Software”.
- Following, click on Let me pick from a list of Device Drivers on my computer.
- After that, uncheck the Show Compatible Hardware option, and after doing that, more options will come in front of you.
- Choose any manufacturer and change the model and click on next.
- After clicking on next, a warning will pop-up displaying Installing the Device driver is not recommended.
- Click on Yes, and after that, close the window.
- And finally, restart your system.
- And, you will find that only your external keyboard is working.
In this article, I have informed you “How to Disable Laptop Keyboard” in the simplest way. Above mentioned are the methods which can succeed you in the query “How to Disable Laptop Keyboard” without any complications.
Also, some reasons for “Why peoples use an external keyboard” are mentioned above, which informs you regarding the benefits of external keyboards.
If you any other questions regarding this topic or any different topic is disturbing you, leave a comment down below.